Quantity: 1 available
Personal, accessible, informative
A guide for Parkinson patients and their caregivers that addresses the body and the spirit
Written by an expert team of health-care professionals-including a neurologist, a social worker, a nurse practitioner, a physical therapist, and an attorney/financial planner-this guide takes every aspect of living with chronic degenerative illness into consideration.
You will find the answers to your most urgent questions:
* How can I overcome the functional limitations of Parkinson's disease?
* What are the pros and cons of various medications commonly used to treat Parkinson's?
* Why is it important to stay fit and eat right despite the limits Parkinson's disease may put on my body?
* What are some of the breakthroughs in alternative treatments?
* What can I do to better cope with the psychological and emotional issues inherent in living with Parkinson's?
* As a caregiver, how can I best juggle a program of care for a loved one and still find time for myself?
* What insurance options and other forms of financial aid are available and how can one protect one's assets and life savings from long-term illness?
"Parkinson's Disease, " which features an A to Z Guide to Symptoms and Side Effects and a state-by-state Resource Guide, will help you and your family succeed in your struggle to lead an easier and more fulfilling life.
Title: Parkinson's Disease: The Complete Guide for Patients and Caregivers
ISBN Number: 0671768190
ISBN Number 13: 9780671768195
Binding: Trade Paperback
Book Condition: GOOD
lb: 2.10 lb
Seller ID: 9780671768195