Lester and Meg go through the Labyrinth in the red-hot third book in the bestselling Trials of Apollo series, now in paperback.
A clash of mythic intrigues and centuries of pop culture to thrill die-hard and new fans alike.--Kirkus Reviews
- #1 New York Times best-selling series
- Rick Riordan is considered the storyteller of the gods because of his five #1 New York Times bestselling series based on mythology
- A continuation of the Percy Jackson saga, but it also stands alone
- A new take on Greek and Roman mythology from the point of view of a fallen god
- Brings back beloved demigod characters from the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series
- Introduces new demigods
- Villains are based on Roman emperors
- Features a diverse cast with people from all kinds of backgrounds and lifestyles
- Perfect for middle schoolers but can be enjoyed by older readers, too
- Includes a teaser chapter for Book 4
The formerly glorious god Apollo, cast down to earth in punishment by Zeus, is now an awkward mortal teenager named Lester Papadopoulos. In order to regain his place on Mount Olympus, Lester must restore five Oracles that have gone dark. But he has to achieve this impossible task without having any godly powers and while being duty-bound to a confounding young daughter of Demeter named Meg. Thanks a lot, Dad.
With the help of some demigod friends, Lester managed to survive his first two trials, one at Camp Half-Blood, and one in Indianapolis, where Meg received the Dark Prophecy. The words she uttered while seated on the Throne of Memory revealed that an evil triumvirate of Roman emperors plans to attack Camp Jupiter. While Leo flies ahead on Festus to warn the Roman camp, Lester and Meg must go through the Labyrinth to find the third emperor--and an Oracle who speaks in word puzzles--somewhere in the American Southwest. There is one glimmer of hope in the gloom-filled prophecy: The cloven guide alone the way does know.
They will have a satyr companion, and Meg knows just who to call upon. . . .
Title: Burning Maze, The-Trials of Apollo, The Book Three
Author Name: Riordan, Rick
ISBN Number: 1484780655
Location Published: Disney Hyperion
Binding: Trade Paperback
Book Condition: GOOD
lb: 0.80 lbs
Seller ID: 9781484780657